Project Administrative Assistant
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Under the overall authority of the Director and direct supervision of the Senior Education Specialist for the Education unit, the incumbent will undertake the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support for ARTP project; Screen requests for appointments with supervisor according to the nature of the requests and their urgency; maintain supervisor’s calendar;
- confirm mutually convenient schedules and arrange appointments or rearrange schedules disrupted by unexpected events; receive visitors; and place and screen telephone calls;
- Respond to queries and correspondence, often of a sensitive, confidential or technical nature.
- Coordinate and lead secretarial support services for high-level meetings, training and special projects/events;
- -Attend meetings, prepare minutes, monitor follow-up activities; make arrangements for formal editing, translation, etc., of documents and publications; Coordinate the work of other support staff, establish priorities and ensure equitable
distribution of work
- Review, record, distribute and process incoming mail and correspondence; follow up on pending actions.
- prepare draft technical responses to a wide range of correspondence and other communications, often requiring knowledge of technical terminologies and/or detailed office procedures.
- Carry out quality control functions for outgoing documents; proofread and edit texts for
adherence to format, grammar, punctuation and style; C oordinate/ guide the work of other support staff and ensure equitable distribution of work.
- Perform a variety of administrative duties (e.g., leave and attendance recording, arrangements for meetings and other events, reservations, budget preparation and follow-up, etc.);
- Coordinate with other units (UNESCO Regional Office and national offices) to ensure smooth running and expedition of work on the project (e.g. following up contract, payments, documentations, contract extensions etc.).
- Research, compile and organize background information and reference materials from various sources for reports, briefs and speeches.
- Generate a variety of statistical and other reports from various databases.
- Create and maintain the Office/ Bureau filing and reference systems including uploading electronic files on the project as it becomes necessary.
- Periodically review the efficiency of office procedures and make recommendations for improvement.
- Update office websites, knowledge management tools/ databases etc.
- Carry our additional activities that may be required to ensure the success of the work team including ED sector’s work
Diploma in Secretarial Studies or certification in Accounting
BSc and or Bachelors in Administration, Social Sciences or other related studies will be an added advantage
Knowledge and/or prior experience of the United Nations SystemLANGUAGES
Fluency (oral and written) in English. Fluency in other local languages
How to apply
To apply, please send your application, making reference to the post tittle and number, including contact details of 3 referees. UNESCO
CV Format to be used ( http://www.unesco.org/new/en/harare/home/):
By hand or delivery post:
UNESCO Regional office for Southern Africa
Project Administrative Assistant- ESD Projects
8 Kenilworth Road
Only Zimbabwean Nationals are eligible to apply. Applications are to reach UNESCO not later 6 February 2019 (Midnight
UNESCO DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.
UNESCO IS A NON-SMOKING ORGANIZATION
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY PRE-SELECTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org