Research and Advocacy Assistant
Due Date: 18 January 2018
A local NGO seeks to recruit a Research and Advocacy assistant.
Duties and Responsibilities
– Assist in the identification and preparation of research training materials and tools for the execution of specific research projects
– Contributes to the writing and production of key research reports, publications and proposals;
– Prepare findings for publication and dissemination
– Assists in the production of both written briefs and presentation thereof
– Provides technical support to other programme areas and stakeholders in project proposal assessments, programme management, and monitoring and evaluation;
– Researching, crafting and developing policy briefs for advocacy work;
– Prepare project reports
– Perform other duties as required by the director
Required Skills and Experience
– A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline such as Sociology, Development Studies, Political Science or any other relevant Social Science. A Masters in Development Studies or relevant social science will be an added advantage
– A minimum of 3 years relevant work experience in research and publications
– Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports;
– Expertise in analysing data using statistical software
The ideal candidate should possess the following qualities
– Excellent teamwork skills and the ability to build good relations both internally and externally.
– Fluency in English required (written and verbal). Knowledge of Shona and Ndebele is an asset.
– Ability to identify relevant policy issues and to develop a strategic approach to research around these issues;
– Must possess highly developed research and written communication skills, with an emphasis on developing and analysing quantitative (statistical) data for discussion papers, submissions, reports and other documents relevant stakeholders
– Able to negotiate and develop and maintain positive working relationships with numerous stakeholders;
– Must have demonstrated commitment to social justice
– Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite of Packages and any relevant social science internet-based research tools with a bias to statistical analysis software (SPSS/ CSPro etc).
– Ability to uniquely and effectively package information is an added advantage.
Qualified people living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
If you meet the qualifications and would like to be considered for the position, please send your 2 paged CV with 3 contactable references and a letter of motivation stating why we should hire you and the value that you will add to the organisation by the 18th of January 2019 to: with the email subject line “RESEARCH AND ADVOCACY ASSISTANT”
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com