Programme Assistant; Harare, Zimbabwe, G-5
The Programme Assistant is located in the Zimbabwe Country Office. Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Operations Manager and in close collaboration with the programme and operations teams, the Programme Assistant supports the implementation of the UNFPA country programme with a focus on supporting human resource management and provision of administrative and logistical support.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
Qualifications and Experience
• Secondary education preferably with specialized certification in administration and/or Human Resources.
• University Degree in Business or Public Administration, Human Resource Management, Economics, Political Sciences and Social Sciences will be an added advantage.
• 5 years of relevant experience in administration, Human Resources and travel management in an International organization
• Computer skills including the spreadsheet and word-processing programs, at a highly proficient level
• Working experience in filing/archiving
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
Fluency in written and spoken English
To apply for this job please visit www.unfpa.org.