NATIONAL PROFESSIONAL OFFICER (SEXUAL, REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH HIVIAIDS AND HEALTH SYSTEMS)GRADE:
SPECIAL SERVICE AGREEMENT (SSA) NOB
Purpose of the position
Located in the WHO Country Office, the purpose of this position is to provide technical expertise as part of an inter- disciplinary country team to support the country in accelerating progress towards national health targets as well as the Sustainable DevebpmentGoals targets, including but notlimited to Universal Health Coverage (UHC).
Objectives of the programme
The main objective Of the Family and Reproductive Health, Health Systems Strengthening (HSS), and HIV Treatment and Care Units in the WHO Representative Office in Zimbabwe is to assist the Ministry of Health & Child Care (MOHCC), and other relevant institutions and partners to plan, implement, monitor and evaluate activities as well as to strengthen coordination towards attaining healthy lives and well-being for all at all ages, achieving universal health coverage (UHC), addressing health emergencies and promoting healthier populations.
The incumbent will be based in the WHO Country Office and reports directly to the WHO Representative.
Description of duties
Under the direct supervision of the WHO Representative, the incumbent is expected to perform the following duties:
• Provide technical support to the Family and Reproductive Health (FRH), Health Systems Strengthening (HSS) and Human Immunodeficiency virus (HIV) Prevention, Care and Treatment Programmes on policy, strategic and operational planning for strengthened integrated services
• Provide technical assistance on integrated services, focusing on Nutrition, Adolescent Health and HIV linkages including Voluntary medical male circumcision (VMMC)
• Participate in and contribute to relevant Ministry of Health and Child Care-Partners Technical Working Groups for the development and or revision of technical and policy guidelines, training tools and materials on strengthened integrated services
• Provide technical assistance during the development and implementation of the M&E frameworks for Integrated Care activities
• Strengthen partnership with non-governmental organizations, civil society, professional associations, private sector as well as development partner in advocating for as well as mobilizing technical, financial and logistical support for implementation of integrated services activities in the country
• Promote operational research oriented towards the priority needs Of the FRH, HSS and the Prevention, Care and Treatment
• Perform other related duties as maybe required.
Essential: University degree in Medicine, Public Health or Other health sciences. Post-graduate Degree in Medicine, Public Health, Reproductive Health, Nutrition or HlV.
A minimum Of five (5) years Of professional experience in public health planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
Specific experience in supporting Sexual and reproductive programmes, health system strengthening as well as HIV programmes.
Demonstrated ability to understand and work on complex policy and programme issues.
Experience of managing and working in multi-disciplinary technical teams.
Functional skills and knowledge:
Skills in planning, training, monitoring, and evaluation of interventions, and in developing locally adapted tools.
Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
Ability to interact with health professionals at various levels and work with government officials, non-govenmental organizations and international agencies
Ability to work harmoniously as a member of a team, adapt to diverse educational and cultural backgrounds and maintain high standards of personal conduct.
Proven ability to plan, implement and evaluate control activities at national level
2. Fostering integration and teamwork.
3. Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
4. Moving forward in a changing environment
5. Building and promoting partnerships across the organization and beyond.
Computer skills Computer Literacy:
Proficiency in the use of standard MS Office packages and the Internet.
Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English
Due Date 14th of January 2019.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org