The Association of Public Health Laboratories (APHL) Zimbabwe Trust through a cooperative agreement with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Division of Global HIV/AIDS and TB Program (DGHT) is supporting the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) to implement laboratory strengthening activities for the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MOHCC) in Zimbabwe. Through this support, APHL is seconding a Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) trainer to the MOHCC. The position will support the MOHCC and its partners in Zimbabwe to implement LIMS.
The LIMS trainer will support the implementation of LIMS at medical laboratories in Zimbabwe. The incumbent of this position will work on a team within the Ministry of Health and Child Care to support users of LIMS at MOHCC laboratories across the country.
• Develops training strategy, plan and materials to support LIMS users.
• Develops and delivers LIMS trainings (on-site or in groups)
• Provides feedback regarding effectiveness of training programs and makes recommendations to increase effectiveness and efficiency.
• Acts as focal point and liaison for LIMS training.
• Manages the LIMS help desk and serves as point of contact for users seeking technical assistance.
• Apply proven training experience in laboratory systems and LIMS software industry to improve data management at MOHCC laboratories.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills required:
• Bachelors’ Degree or Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences or State Certified Medical Laboratory Technician qualification.
• Degree, Diploma or Certificate in IT or Informatics.
• Proven experience in planning, organizing and facilitating trainings.
• Minimum 2 years of related LIMS experience.
• Experience in training laboratory personnel on LIMS an added advantage
• Must understand basic learning principles.
• Working knowledge of MS windows operating systems.
• Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
• Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills.
Closing Date for Applications:
Interested candidates should submit applications no later than 5 November 2018. Submit applications (CV and cover letter) by email to: Sarah Snyder email firstname.lastname@example.org copying email@example.com; clearly marked LIMS Trainer in the subject line.