ARTISAN MECHANICAL FITTER
REPORTS TO: MECHANICAL FOREMAN
The position requires a mature individual responsible for supporting mechanical operations by carrying out all plant equipment and machinery installations, repairs/modifications, preventive and scheduled maintenance activities in line with departmental documentation, procedures and safety management system.
ACCOUNTABILITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
• To carry out component change outs, full test and adjustment to plant equipment and machinery;
• To perform Failure Mode and Effect Analysis/Diagnosis on plant machinery and equipment and subsequently rectify faults and to take part in finding efficient solutions to return equipment to working order;
• To perform Risk Assessments for every task, maintaining and focusing on safe work practices and a safe work environment.
• To team up and assist in preparing, establishing and implementing appropriate working procedures in achieving deadlines.
• To deliver against the agreed key performance indicators established for your area in line with the business plan.
• To deliver a quality service within the budget costs and capital investment plan.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• A time served Fitter and Turner/Machinist;
• At least 7 years post apprenticeship experience of which 5 years should have been in a Sugar Milling and Power Plant Industry;
• Possesses excellent understanding of planning and scheduling of work processes;
• Demonstrates the ability to read, understand and work from technical drawings and manuals;
• Ability to work as part of a team, on own initiative and unsupervised.
APPLICATION AND CONTACT DETAILS:
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should apply in writing and submit applications to the address below or email to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please enclose a CV and certified copies of relevant documents. Application should be submitted not later than the 31st of December 2018.
The Human Resources Manager
GreenFuel Pvt Ltd