Manicaland State University of Applied Sciences
DEPUTY PROCUREMENT MANAGER
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Applicants must be in possession of a Degree in Purchasing and Supply and a Masters’ degree in Purchasing and Supply is an added advantage. In addition, membership to a recognized professional body such as (CIPS, ZIPS,and CILT) would be a further added advantage. The applicant must have at least five (5) years’ experience in Purchasing and Supply of which one (1) year should be at supervisory level. A clean class 4 drivers’ licence is a must.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The incumbent will assist the Procurement Manager in:
• Superintending the procurement of materials, services and supplies and ensures compliance to relative legislation and statutes.
• Championing the development and the implementation of the procurement plan for the University,
• Formulating of internal controls around the procurement cycle and identification and management of risks associated with procurement.
• Accurately and timeously advising the Vice Chancellor on all procurement issues.
• Preparing bidding documents in compliance with provisions of the Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Act (Chapter 22:23).
• Managing bidding processes, bidding meetings, clarifications and receipt and opening of bids.
• Managing the evaluation of bids and any post-qualification negotiations required.
• Advising and actively participating in the evaluation committee.
• Preparing evaluation reports, including contract award recommendations, where necessary.
• Submitting all evaluations reports to the accounting officer, with confirmation that the procedure followed has complied with the Procurement Act.
• Preparing contract documents and amendments.
• Managing procurement contracts.
• Preparing procurement reports and submitting them to the Procurement Manager.
• Any other duties as assigned by the Procurement Manager.
Applicants must submit six sets of applications, certified copies of certificates, transcripts, national identification and a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact details, names and addresses of three referees addressed to:
The Senior Assistant Registrar, Human Resource Manicaland State University of Applied Sciences Bag 7001 Guthrie Road
Closing date for applications is Friday 21 June 2019 at 1200 hours. Please note envelops should be clearly marked the post being applied for, and only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to.