Victoria Falls Municipality
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for appointment to the position of Internal Auditor within Victoria Falls Municipality.
PURPOSES OF THE JOB
• Planning and conducting detailed audit testing and detailed auditing of the systems of the entire organisation, as well as making suitable suggestions and recommendations for systems improvements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Designing, documenting, implementing and constantly reviewing audit programs with specific emphasis on systems based audits
• Managing and providing on-going in-house training of internal audit staff
• Developing quarterly and annual audit plans and ensure audit coverage of the organisation’s operation activities.
• Building good rapport with all Audit Organisations and external auditors, as well as with and Senior Management of Council
• Conducting various types of audits as planned in all Council Departments
• Writing and presentation of constructive audit reports and recommendations
• Analyse data with the aim of verifying evidence there from.
• To evaluate internal control systems, checks and balances and ensure that they are within Council policies, procedures and financial regulations.
• To analyse and evaluate authorization, accountability and quality assurance processes that they are being adhered to in all Departments.
• To produce reports on all assignments undertaken.
• To assemble working papers as per audit requirements.
• To carry out any other duties as assigned by the Town Clerk
• Monitor compliance on policies, procedures and regulations, internal controls and assess risks on the operations of the Organisation
• Providing secretarial services to the Audit Committee
• Carry out any other relevant duties, as assigned by the immediate Supervisor
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
• 5 ‘O’level including English, Maths and Accounts
• Degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent Accounting qualification or full CIS or ACCA
• Be preferably registered with PAAB for continuous development
• Membership of an Accounting profession such as CIS or ACCA or Institute of Internal Auditors is a must
• Experience in Local Government will be added advantage
• Have a thorough understanding of Internal Audit functions
• Have a minimum of 3 years hands-on experience as an Auditor or Accountant or Finance Manager
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
• Computer literacy
• Be mature, logical and analytic
• Clean Class 4 driver’s licence
In return, the Municipality offers an attractive package to be disclosed to shortlisted candidates. Applications, including detailed Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of identity documents, certified copies of academic and professional qualifications and names of at least two traceable referees, should reach the undersigned not later than 14 June 2019.
Please note that those that applied previously do not need to re-apply
Victoria Falls Municipality
Cnr. Livingstone Way & Park Way Dr.
P. O. Box 41
Tel: (+263) 83- 2843531/284353 ADVERT: VFM/HR/IA/5/19 R. Dube Town Clerk
Victoria Falls Municipality is an equal opportunity employer; suitably qualified women are encouraged to apply as well.