Terre Des Hommes Italia
Deadline: 10 June 2019
Terre Des Hommes Italia (TDH Italy), PVO Act number 03/2010 a child rights organisation is recruiting. The position will be based in Chipinge District, Tongogara Refugee Camp.
As a member of the Shelter committee in Tongogara Refugee Camp, the Shelter Officer will be responsible for ensuring construction quality and inspection of progress for all construction projects in assigned locations. The Shelter Officer will also monitor and report on all construction activities in support of UNHCR work serving the population of concern. Attention to detail will ensure that the project consistently applies best practices and adheres to construction quality standards and local building codes for the benefit and safety of those we serve. S/he will assist the Project Coordinator to supervise refugee shelter construction, education and health infrastructural development in TRC ensuring structural integrity. The position will also be responsible for the development of TRC shelter strategy taking into account local context, projected population figures, culture, climate and the environment.
Required for the position is
- a Civil Engineering degree or other degree levels in relevant construction discipline from an accredited academic institution.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience working in construction centres required.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment;
- Ability to work in a team and to promote team work.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com