POSITION TITLE: SHE OFFICER
REPORTS TO: SHE MANAGER
Under the direct supervision of the SHE Manager, the SHE officer shall be responsible for promoting safety, health and environmental awareness, participate in investigation of all work related accidents/incidents, carry out SHE Audits and safety campaigns , processing of worker’s compensation claims and comply with all legal statutes pertaining to the nature of our business . To perform any other duties as assigned by the superior.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Promoting employee health and safety through conducting workplace risk assessments.
• Promoting environmental protection through identifying environmental aspects and impacts in the workplace and develop control methods.
• Promoting industrial hygiene through identifying, evaluating and controlling physical, chemical, biological, psychosocial and ergonomic hazards within the workplace.
• Comply and enforce all pieces of legislation pertaining to our nature of business.
• Participate in incident and accident investigation, through analysing and reporting all incidents and accidents.
• Carrying out safety campaigns within the workplace through researching on topical issues in SHE.
• Conduct SHE Audits through measuring, auditing and evaluating the effectiveness of hazard control programs.
• Record keeping, through monitoring, and keeping of internal policies, procedures and standards up to date.
• .Process worker’s compensation claims to NSSA and Group Life Cover for all work related injuries, occupational diseases and property damage.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE and SKILLS:
• Degree in Safety and Health, Natural Sciences or Environmental Science.
• Certificate in Occupational Safety, Health and Environmental Management (OSHEMAC.
3 years post graduate experience within, manufacturing or mineral processing environment.
• Knowledge of SHE issues and SHE laws and regulations.
• Computer literate.
• Good leadership and interpersonal skills communication skills.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org