MANGWE RURAL DISTRICT COUNCIL
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the above mentioned position which has arisen within Council.
Main Responsibilities of the Job:
• Periodic inspection of all existing public and private buildings in Council, controlled areas (Growth Points, Rural Service Centres, Business Centres, Schools, Residential Areas, Clinics, etc.).
• Continuous inspection and certification of all buildings under construction in Council, controlled areas.
• Ensure compliance with all building laws and by-laws.
• Keep constant liaison with Department of Public Works for guidance in building standards and requirements.
• Assessment of plans for approval for private and public buildings in Council’s controlled areas as above.
• Supervision of housing gangs and Builders, Carpenters and Plumbers in their duties.
• Identification of stands and/ pegs for residential, commercial and institutional stands.
• Maintainance of an up-to-date record of council structures, as well as other structures in Council’s controlled areas.
• Providing general advice to Council regarding construction projects across the district.
• Carrying out any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the CEO or his designee in fulfilling the vision and mission of Mangwe RDC.
The ideal candidate should;
• Have a Diploma in building or its equivalent from a recognised tertiary institution.
• Be competent in assessment of building plans.
• Have at least two years post qualification experience.
• Be in possession of a valid Class 3/4 driver’s licence.
• Be prepared to ride a motor cycle as this will be the primary mode of transport for this job
NB: The work station for this position is Ingwizi Growth Point, which is approximately 87 km south of Plumtree Town.
In return Council offers:
• A competitive salary.
• Generous leave days.
• Contributory Pension and Medical Aid Schemes.
Applications, in hard copy, with certified copies of educational and professional qualifications, National Identity card, driver’s licence, and a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae, should reach the undersigned not later than close of business Monday 27 May 2019:
The Chief Executive Officer Mangwe RDC
Stand 222/3 Station Road P. Bag 5912