Health Service Board Old Parirenyatwa Hospital
HEALTH SERVICE BOARD SECRETARIAT
Position Title: Public Relations Manager
Responsible to: Executive Director
Supervises: Public Relations Officers
Position Status: Permanent Full Time (40 hours a week)
Salary: Grade H2 (Salary packaging opportunities exist within job role).
Hours: Normal business hours but may be required to work beyond normal hours when the situation calls for that.
Based at: Health Service Board – Harare office
The Public Relations Manager post exists to design, control and disseminate the Health
Service Board’s messages. The post’s mandate is to articulate the vision, mission, values and goals of the Health Service Board through multi-channels, platforms and activities. While it focuses on putting the right messages across on behalf of the Board, it encourages and monitors audience participation and collaboration externally and internally.
• Developing, implementing and monitoring the strategic communication framework of the HSB;
• Writing, editing, developing, and overseeing the production of publications including annual reports, newsletters; and IEC materials;
• Coordinating Health Service Board exhibitions;
• Providing necessary support in editing and layout of Health Service Board reports;
• Monitoring the Board’s feedback e-mail and coordinate responses to queries;
• Assisting with the shaping of public messages and branding of the Board;
• Writing and distributing press releases and press statements;
• Researching and identifying story opportunities and working with appropriate internal sources to develop information for sharing;
• Receiving media inquiries and managing day-to-day media relations;
• Developing and updating media material, both print and electronic; and
• Writing brochures for distribution to the public.
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
• Education: The Public Relations Manager must have a bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Journalism or Marketing with a Public Relations or Advertising concentration. A Master’s degree in any of the above related disciplines is an added advantage.
• Experience: A candidate for this position must have had at least 5 years working experience as a Public Relations Officer, preferably in a large organisation. Must possess excellent organizational and planning skills. Have a full understanding of media needs and media relationships. Be proactive, reliable, responsible and accurate with an attention to detail.
Possess the ability to keep information confidential.
Tactical understanding of all primary social media platforms.
Ability to work in high-stress environments, often for long hours.
A wide degree of creativity and latitude. Self motivated with a positive and professional approach to management.
• Communication Skills: Communication skills are a must have for this position, both in written and in verbal form. Communication skills will also be a necessity in enabling efficient and effective cross-functional/collaborative communications and the proper execution of public relations programmes for the Health Service Board and the entire Health Sector.
• Ms Office: A candidate for the position must be highly proficient in the use of Ms Word, Ms Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Publisher.
• Analytical Skills: A candidate for this position must possess strong analytical skills as well as a demonstrated passion for research, data analysis, and the insights that are derived from it.
• Interpersonal Skills: A candidate for this position must have an ability to prioritize tasks and completing multiple tasks in a timely manner, be flexible and welcoming to change, have an ability to work independently with minimum supervision, and be selfmotivated. He/She must also be a prompt decision maker, be a strategic and creative thinker, have excellent problem-solving skills, have a positive and easy-going attitude, demonstrate strong work ethic and integrity, and demonstrate calmness and composure in times of uncertainty.
Leadership/People Skills: The candidate must additionally demonstrate strong leadership qualities where he/she shows an ability to influence a cross-functional team and top management into following a particular course of action. He/She must also be approachable, inspiring trust in others, which will make it easier for people to trust in his/her insights and follow in his/her directives in his/her leadership position
Candidates who meet the requirements of the posts are invited to submit their applications accompanied by CVs and certified copies of certificates not later than 5 April 2019 to :
The Executive Director
Health Service Board Old Parirenyatwa Hospital
P.Bag A6104 Avondale,